Jobs at Bidgely!
Senior Data Scientist
Data Science is the blood that runs in our veins at Bidgely. It is 100% central to our technology, our products and our business.
We work on building cutting edge solutions using the energy and user behavior data from millions of homes. The company offers the highest possible leverage for a Data Scientist to use their passion and make a difference in the company and in making the world more energy efficient.
The Senior Data Scientist position offers an opportunity to work on a wide variety of problems. You will be a part of a nimble team solving real world problems through innovative use of AI techniques that go well beyond the traditional model building process. As a senior team member, you will be responsible for driving data science projects to completion – starting from converting a business objective to a Data Science problem and ending with measuring the impact of the solution in the real world.
- Research and develop statistical & machine learning models for energy disaggregation. This includes adding new appliance categories and improving accuracy of existing appliance categories, and discovering short/long-term patterns and trends.
- Analyze and interpret utilities program results
- Productize proven, cross-validated models into production pipeline
- Collaborate with product, marketing and engineering teams to leverage data science to solve cross-disciplinary problems
- Actively contribute to multiple projects and provide technical leadership to junior members of the team
- BS/MS/PhD in Computer Science, Statistics, Applied Math, or related areas. Exceptionally strong candidates with a BS and relevant work experience welcome.
- Strong background in data mining, machine learning and statistical analysis. Expertise in pattern recognition and predictive modeling (time series analysis, logistic regression, tree based methods, etc.). Use of Deep Learning techniques is a plus.
- Fluency in programming languages like Java/Python. Experience using Big Data (Hadoop/Cassandra/HDFS/HBase/HIVE/Pig) is a plus.
- 4+ years hands-on practical experience with large scale data analysis. Fluency in analytical tools such as Python/Matlab/R.
- Strong communication and collaboration skills. Keen aptitude for large scale data analysis with a knack for identifying key insights from data.
- Technical mentorship experience is a plus
To apply for this position, please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.