Jobs at Bidgely!
Director of Engineering
Bidgely is looking for an extraordinary and dynamic Director of Engineering to be part of its Engineering team in Bangalore. You must have a proven track record of architecting solutions / products, that scale for hundreds of millions of users with strong development background in both Enterprise Software companies and Consumer-Internet products. You must be highly analytical and a good problem solver. This role is a key leadership opportunity to be part of a highly energetic and innovative team that believes nothing is impossible with some creativity and hard work.
Prior experience working with Bay Area based product companies preferred. Applicants who are looking to relocate to Bangalore from Bay area are encouraged to apply for this position and the interview process will be coordinated in our Mountain View office.
- Own the overall architecture design, development & quality for the Bidgely Platform. This includes requirement analysis, scope discussion, design, solution architecture, implementation, delivery, resolving customer facing technical issues and technical discussion with customers.
- Be a product expert at Bidgely. Collaborate with cross functional teams and customers to understand the requirements, map requirements to product features, do product gap analysis and and deliver high quality products in a predictive schedule.
- Work with Customer Success & Delivery teams to define the utility project key success metrics and analyse & track these metrics to ensure desired results.
- Stay current with latest tools, technology ideas and methodologies; share knowledge by clearly articulating results and ideas to key decision makers.
- Exhibit exceptional oral and written communication skills to express reasoning behind key design decisions. The Platform Director will at times interface with clients at the executive level, representing our product and process.
- AWS Cost Optimisation including Usage Analysis, RI planning, Cost modelling, waste identification at Enterprise scale (desirable)
- Provide QA/QC oversight of coordination across all design disciplines from design through construction and completion.
- Have an eye out for process and technical upgrades. Support technical improvements both in the product as well as the process we use to create, present, and document our design.
- This role manages both managers, and individual contributors as direct reports. The Director’s responsibilities will include conducting professional 1:1 sessions, reviewing performance, providing mentorship, and performing other people management duties.
- Leadership Qualities
- Be a Positive Influence – Become a positive influence within your discipline and beyond. Be optimistic and help others do so as well. This applies to our team, our consultants, and other parts of the business. Be a mentor to design team members by providing guidance, feedback, and direction on Software Design/Development methodologies.
- Build the Guild – Be excited about creating a strong culture within your guild, through events, mentorship, and learning opportunities. Develop an environment that excitedly welcomes new discipline team members, and helps to grow current members.
- Manage and Mentor – Act as both a manager and a mentor to engineers across various product groups(provide guidance, feedback, and assistance on product design/development methodology).
- Collaborate – Work collaboratively with your stakeholders, and leaders across the company
- Build Relationships – Dive deep into your discipline by building relationships within your industry, leveraging expertise and creating excitement within the guild about the future of your product/platform from a wide-lens perspective.
- Be Respectful and Discreet – As a manager, you will encounter sensitive situations and information. Honesty, respect, and privacy are essential.
- Prioritize and Be Organized – As you will remain an active team member working on projects, it is important that you understand your own workflow, and are able to prioritize and work efficiently. The role requires to wear many hats–project team member, manager, product expert–so you must feel comfortable and excited about getting involved at many levels of the Product Development organization
- 15 years of strong experience in full stack development.
- BS/MS in Computer Science or equivalent from premier institutes
- Excellent track record of designing and delivering System architecture, implementation and deployment of successful solution in a customer facing role.
- Strong in problem solving and analytical skills.
- Fluency in Java, Spring, Hibernate, J2EE, REST Services.
- Ability to deliver quick solution and code in a fast paced start-up environment.
- Attention to details.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, ability to explain complex technical issues clearly to non-technical users.
- Ability to collaborate across teams and strong interpersonal skills.
- Product Management experience a plus
- Excellent oral, written, and graphic communication skills
- Excellent decision-making skills and a highly resourceful problem solver Self-directed with a high level of initiative and a ‘can do’ attitude
- Strong time management skills and experience working on multiple projects simultaneously Proficiency in the following: Java, AWS, Cassandra, Redshift, Redis, RDS
To apply for this position, please email your resume to email@example.com.